The known limitations of the Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test are:
- The Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test is for in vitro diagnostic use only. The test should be used for the detection of Covid-19 antigens in nasal swab specimens only. The intensity of the test line does not necessarily correlate to Covid-19 viral titer in the specimen.
- Specimens should be tested as quickly as possible after specimen collection and at most within the hour following collection.
- Use of viral transport media may result in decreased test sensitivity.
- A false-negative test may result if the level of antigen in a sample is below the detection limit of the test or if the sample was collected incorrectly.
- Test results should be correlated with other clinical data available to the physician.
- A positive test result does not rule out co-infections with other pathogens.
- A positive test result does not differentiate between SARS-CoV and Covid-19.
- A negative test result is not intended to rule out other viral or bacterial infections.
- A negative result, from a patient with symptom onset beyond seven days, should be treated as presumptive and confirmed with a molecular assay, if necessary, for clinical management.
- If the differentiation of specific SARS viruses and strains is needed, additional testing is required.
Click here to view more.
Flowflex COVID-19 Antigen Home Test – 25 Test Packs
€82.50 €101.48 inc VAT
Flowflex Lollipop Saliva Antigen Test – 10 Pack
€35.00 €43.05 inc VAT
Flowflex Lollipop Saliva Antigen Test – 25 Pack
€85.00 €104.55 inc VAT
Flowflex Influenza A/B Rapid Test
€4.95 €6.09 inc VAT
Leave A Comment